Thursday, June 13, 2013

The best marine mammal-themed graffiti you'll see all day

After being here for a few weeks, Sarah and I finally walked around the Botanical Gardens in Dunedin rather than through them, and we spotted a quasi-familiar looking patch of graffiti in the canal for the Leith, the local river in North Dunedin that flows through campus (usually with a few rugby or soccer balls floating in the eddies). After a few times walking by it, I finally took a photo, and have been neglecting to put it up here for almost a year. So there you are, Viva La Walrus!


 Interesting choice to modify Che...


With near certainty I can say this is probably the last graffiti I will see for a long while that panders to my interest in odobenids.

More original content is coming, I promise! Next up will be some photos of a Berardius stranding from February, and an excavation of a couple mysticetes back in February and March.

2 comments:

J. Velez-Juarbe said...

That is an awesome graffiti! Would look really cool in a shirt!

Robert Boessenecker said...

I would love to make this into a T-shirt. Best part is, since it's graffiti, I don't have to worry about breaking any copyright laws