Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Busy, busy, busy

Once again, there's been a lull in my free time available for this blog, so I apologize. I've had a great many things keeping me busy - being turned down by grants, getting grants, writing my SVP abstract coauthors, writing SVP travel grant applications so that I can go to England this year, putting together a powerpoint on toothed whales of the Purisima Fm. (I'll use much of the imagery for future posts) for our 4th annual Earth Sciences Colloquium, reading about the Proterozoic LaHood Formation and Carbonate depositional systems for class, attempting to organize the Colloquium, AND finishing my proposal by tommorrow. Luckily, 3/4 of all this is already done.

And with respect to the mystery fossil: the jury is still out, but Dave Bohaska made an interesting observation that it is similar to an odontocete vomer; it may be a highly abraded specimen. I'll have to see the originals again (I saw them over spring break; the collector wondered if I had made any progress - I shrugged).

There'll be a new post as soon as I get my proposal and colloquium presentations completed.

No comments: